domo To-do List+ is a task management app for the iPhone and iPod Touch.
It allows for simple and effective input, and synchronizes with Google calendar, can send you notifications or let you edit your events from your PC browser.
Get it now!
You can download the application from the iTunes Store. The free version of domo Todo, which does not include Google calendar sync, is also available.
Feature requests, bug reports and questions, please contact email@example.com
- Manage Todo
You can setup due time (repeatable), tags, notes, etc. for each Todo.
- Synchronize with Google calendar
You can synchronize with Google calendar interactively (by tapping the data area of the navigation bar). You can use the application not only as Todo but also as a simple scheduler by registering events. It also supports alerts sent by Google calendar.
You can manage checklists that you check repeatedly such as a list of items you need during your travels or review checkpoints.
* Comparison between the full version (domo To-do List+) and the free version (domo To-do List). The full version has the following:
* Comparison between the full version (domo To-do List+) and the free version (domo To-do List). The full version has the following:
- The calendar view.
- The ability to include to-do memos.
- Tasks can be reordered in their listing.
- Improved screen layout and it can be customized.
- Visual effects when editing.
- Completed to-do tasks can be displayed by a specified range of time.
2. Manage Todo
2.1. Basic controls
Create a new task
Tap the + button in the upper left corner of the main screen to create a new Todo. (The New Todo screen will be explained later.)
Tapping an item opens the Edit screen.
Tapping the date area of the left item (The area in orange or dark blue in screen 1) shows □, Soon and Start buttons. Tapping the □ button completes the Todo.
Shows items that can be done right now. Tapping the soon button changes the item color to yellow (or orange) and sends it on top of the list.
You can star an item that you want to mark by tapping the star button.
Swiping an item shows the Delete button.
Tapping the list button (the button with three horizontal lines) in the upper left corner of the main screen shows the Edit mode. You can sort the items by dragging them.
Filter by tag
You can show the items with the selected tag by selecting the tag from the list on the bottom of the main screen.
Selecting "Done" shows completed items. If you want to show items without a tag, select "Inbox".
AND Selection of Tag
Double touch a tag to put a pin on the tag. All the pinned tags and currently selected tag will be shown on the Task list. Double touch a tag again to remove the pin. Double touch the All tag to remove all the pins.
Tapping the tag icon on the Tag list displays the Tag edit screen. You can add, delete, change or sort tags.
Swipe right and left in the tag selection area at the bottom of the main screen to switch between Calendar and Tag list. Selecting the date on the calendar shows only the items for that date. You can also select a week such as 1st or 2nd week to show only the item for that week. Swiping the calendar up and down changes the displayed month. Tapping the area showing the year in the upper part of the calendar moves to the current month.
Navigation bar controls (explained below) or tapping the earth icon on the calendar view shows the Web view. By default, this shows your Google calendar, but if you activate the Custom home URL, the web page you selected in the URL setting will be displayed.
2.2. Main screen
The date in the center of the bar shows today's date. Numbers in red circles shows the numbers of due or overdue Todos for today.
Shows the list of items you entered. Each item has a color label on the left which shows the status of the item. The meaning of the color labels is as follows:
Red: Overdue items
Orange: Due today or items set for Soon
Dark blue: Due tomorrow or later
Gray: Completed items
The tag list or calendar appears at the bottom of the screen. You can switch to tag list or calendar by swiping right or left.
2.3. Create new Todo/Edit screen
The area at the top of the screen is the text entry area. Text entered is used as the Todo's title.
Tips: Registering multiple Todos
When there is line break or semicolon, Todos are automatically separated and registered.
Example: Entering "a;b;c" registers 3 separate Todos.
You can select a due date from your calendar by tapping the calendar icon. You can select a due date within one week with only one tap.
Tapping the two rotating arrow icons show the repetition setting screen. It allows you to setup repeated item such as every X day or every X date.
While selecting a due date, the clock icon appears on the screen. You can setup a due time by tapping this icon.
You can receive an alert before an item's due date. Tap the bell icon while selecting a date. This allows you to setup an alert.
Note: This function requires syncing with your Google calendar since this uses Google calendar functions. You can setup an alert type from the application setting (pop-up, email or SMS),
The tag list is displayed at the center of the screen. You can assign or remove a tag from the Todo by tapping the tag. Multiple tag assignments are also possible. Tapping the tag icon shows the tag list. You can add, delete, change or sort tags on this screen.
You can enter text as notes for a Todo.
3. Synchronizing with Google calendar
domo Todo+ supports interactive synchronization with Google calendar (Google account required).
Setup your Google mail address and password from the iPhone Settings application > domo Todo > Settings item before starting synchronization. You can also setup the name of the synchronizing calendar. Default name is "domo Todo".
Tapping the date area of domo Todo+ navigation bar starts synchronization. The first synchronization may take a while.
3.3. Data that can be synchronized
You can synchronize the tile of Todo items, due date, tag, memo and completed status. The application won't synchronize Todos with no due date. Star and Soon status also won't be synchronized.
You will see a check mark (✔) next to the event name on Google calendar when synchronizing completed Todo.
Tags are irregularly corresponds to the Where field of calendar events. A semicolon ";" indicates multiple tags.
3.4. Repetition event
You can setup various repetition values on Google calendar. Each repetition event corresponds to an individual event in domo Todo. This helps you setup detailed repetitions settings which domo Todo+ doesn't support.
3.5. How to complete a task from Google calendar
Editing an event's name in Google calendar completes the task. When you synchronize domo Todo with your Google calendar, add a word "(done)" or "(DONE)" in the beginning of the event name of Google calendar. This allows the application to read the event as completed task and the check mark (✔) will appear on the application instead of the word "done".
3.6. Alert settings
You can receive alerts using Google calendar's alert function. Detailed explanations about alert settings are discussed on the AppBank site. Please refer to the site for more information.
Screen 3. Checklist view screen
You can add, delete or sort the checklist or change titles with the Edit button. A checklist is not created by default. Tap the Edit button then tap the + button to add a list.
You can also add a list from your PC browser or the checklist share function, which is described later.
Selecting the checklist shows the item list. You can mark an item by tapping it. Tapping an item again removes the check mark.
Screen 4. Checklist item screen
You can add, delete or sort items or change their name with the Edit button. Items are not created by default. Tap the Edit button then tap the + button to add an item.
Tips: Registration of items in batch is possible just like registration of new Todo items. Using line breaks or semicolons automatically separates and registers multiple items.
The following commands can be done from the tool bar at the bottom of the screen.
- Action button on the left side
Check or remove all the items.
- < button
Move to the previous list when there are several checklists.
- > button
Move to the following list when there are several checklist.
- Share button
You can share the checklist through the web service.
Note: If you use this function, data on your checklist will be published on the Internet. Please do not share confidential information.
Copy control: Send a checklist to the web service and convert to URL. The converted URL will be copied to the clipboard. The URL is shortened so that you can send it to other iPhones via Twitter clients. If the iPhone holder who received your shortened URL taps the URL, domo Todo+ application will startup and he can install the checklist.
Send Email control: It converts the checklist to URL just like Copy control function. A converted checklist can be sent by email through the Mail application.
5. Control from your PC
domo Todo allows you to edit your tasks from your PC browser. Tap the gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen while connecting the iPhone to your Wifi network. It shows the server startup screen. Don't close this page while editing.
Access the URL (address starting with http://) on this screen from your PC browser over the same Wifi connection. You can backup and restore data, add new todos and edit your checklists.
※Ver. 2.7 or later supports Wifi and 3G connection.
(1) iPhone screen
(2) Backup and restore screen on the PC browser
Clicking the Backup link saves the data on the local PC. You can restore data by entering the backup data in the form and tapping the Restore button.
(3) Todo add screen on the PC browser
You can add new Todo tasks. If the added tasks don't have a tag, they will be classified in your Inbox.
(4) Checklist edit screen on the PC browser
You can edit your checklists. Please check the Format and Sample about the input format.
You can setup various settings from the application setting on the iPhone.
- Theme: Setup color and layout theme. 2 themes are available: Light and Dark.
- Font Type: Select a font type for Todo title and notes.
- Font Size of Todo: Setup font size for Todo titles on the task list.
- Font Size of memo: Setup font size for Todo notes on the task list.
- Font Size of edit memo: Setup font size for Todo notes on the task edit screen.
- Always show Stamp: Activate if you always want to put the Done stamp on completed tasks.
- Memo detail: Activate if you want to display the content of notes on the task list. This option is only available for tasks with notes.
- Custom home URL: The web view will be displayed by navigation bar control discussed later or by tapping the earth icon. Default setting shows your Google calendar, but if you activate the Custom home URL, the web page you selected in the URL settings will be displayed.
- URL: The URL page that is set here will be shown on the web view. It is available only when the Custom Home setting is ON. You can register frequently used web pages.
(2) Main Navigation Bar Operation
You can setup an action when you tap, double tap or swipe the date on the navigation bar of the main screen. You can select actions among synchronizing with Google calendar, showing the web view, switching the height of tag list/Calendar view and no action.
Default setting is as follow:
Tap: Synchronize with Google calendar
Double Tap: Show the Web view
Swipe: Switch the height of Tag list/Calendar view
(3) Tag View
- Done range: Setup the range of the displayed completed tasks. "n" days shows tasks for past "n" days, while "All" shows all the tasks.
(4) Calendar View
- Start on Monday: Setting this ON starts the week on Monday. Setting this OFF starts the week on Sunday.
- Today including next task: Setting this ON shows Soon status or overdue tasks on the task list in the calendar view. Setting this OFF only shows tasks for the selected date or week.
- Initial Select: Select the initial selection of the calendar view on application startup from last selected day, week, today or this week.
(5) Sync Google Calendar
Synchronization setting with Google calendar
- Email, Password: Google account
- Calendar Name: Calendar name being synchronized
- Reminder method: When you setup alerts for domo Todo, the notification method setup here will be used for Google calendar. There are 3 settings; Alert, email, and SMS.
Alert: Display the pop-up on the iPhone. Google calendar has to be synchronized with the iPhone's standard calendar beforehand.
E-Mail: Send a notification by email
SMS: Send a notification by SMS. This requires SMS settings on Google calendar beforehand.
- Normal sync: Keep this setting to ON under normal condition. In case synchronization doesn't succeed, it may be fixed by temporarily setting it to OFF.
- Debug Mode
Activate when obtaining a debug log. See "how to obtain a debug log" for details.
Disclaimer and development acknowledgment.
7. How to obtain a debug log
A bug that you can't reproduce such as failure of synchronization with Google calendar may occur. If such a bug occurs, please help us by sending us the log you can obtain with debug log function to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to obtain a debug log
1. Set the debug mode to ON from the iPhone's Settings app.
2. Carry out the process that causes a bug on domo.
3. By tapping the gear icon in the right upper corner over connecting Wifi (3G connection is possible), connect to the PC screen.
4. Access the URL displayed through your PC browser.
5. Click the debug log link in the upper section of the screen and save the debug on your PC.
6. Set the debug mode to OFF from the iPhone's Settings app.
Special Thanks to John Tjia